Sunday, June 12, 2011

Loving Louisiana!

Well, it has been too long since we've updated our blog. A lot has happened since we discovered pita magic (see previous post) so we thought we owed it to all of our faithful blog readers to post something new. You were probably sick of reading about pita magic anyways (no discredit to the m
agic of the pita).

The month of May was historic for Baton Rouge and the flooding of the Mississippi river. This picture on the left shows the flood water about 1 week before the river crested. The next day the levee was closed off to prevent any terrorist attacks. I know the picture doesn't really show much other than some flooded trees but this is the hillside where we take the church youth ice block sledding. The water is probably about 20 ft deep. The shore of the river is usually a ways on the other side of those trees. Here's a picture of some hot babes I found hanging out at the levee!

Also exciting in May was Amy's 29th birthday. We had a great day! For breakfast we had homemade egg mcmuffins at Amy's request.
I had to go to the clinic as usual but when I got off a friend of ours came over to babysit while Amy and I went and played tennis. We initially were planning on going out to eat but decided it would be more fun to go do something together. We had rotisserie chicken to put on buns which was yummy and then we played all the tennis we could handle.

What Amy didn't know was that I had invited over a bunch of our friends for a little surprise party when we got home. I actually kept it a surprise this time (I am usually horrible at keeping secrets). The candles seem to be getting more and more smoky each year!

More recently we celebrated our 3rd anniversary! Time has gone by fast. I have to admit that I can't imagine marrying a better gal! I really love my wife. She's a wonderful person to the core and the most beautiful woman in the world. All of you reading this can keep your opinions to yourself because I know I got the one and only. As for celebrating our anniversary we did the most appropriate thing I can think of-we went to the temple. It was where we were sealed for time and eternity. Nothing better than going to a place that reminds us of the covenants we have made. Afterward we went out to ice cream and watched some lightning in the distance. All in all, life doesn't really get any better.

Emily is really going up fast. We sure do love our little girl. She is really good at taking care of her babies. The other night we put her to bed with her little baby and they slept together all night. She's a little nurturer. It seems like we are always laughing at something she does. What a wonderful, little, bundle of joy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Jeff! Happy Birthday Amy! It's so good to see pics of your cute family and hear that all is going well. Miss y'all!

    ReplyDelete