Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Katie with no training wheels!

Today I took the kids outside to play and randomly asked Katie if she wanted to take the training wheels off her bike. She said, "yes!" And she pretty much took off!! Well, okay, went up and down the street for about 30 minutes. She wobbled along and I held her bike or shirt and ran right next to her. At first I thought maybe it was too soon- she kept looking all over the place and not in front of her, haha! But she kept trying, asking me to let go, let go! She was so eager to do it and so optimistic. There were only a handful of hiccups but no big falls. Very quickly she was riding on her own, her little legs going round and round pushing the little wheels (12" bike?) I will always remember that beaming smile and Katie's voice, "Mom, I'm so proud of myself!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment